What is considered cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes a wide range of dental treatments that are designed to improve, enhance, and maintain the appearance of your teeth and smile. While many cosmetic treatments may also improve oral health, the primary goal of cosmetic dentistry is to keep your smile looking radiant.
What treatments does cosmetic dentistry include?
At Dentistry of West Bend, we provide the full scope of cosmetic dental treatments, such as:
- Crowns, inlays, onlays, and other dental coverings that strengthen and protect teeth while improving their appearance
- Porcelain bridges and other prostheses that are used to cover damaged teeth and fill in spaces left by missing teeth, while also strengthening existing teeth
- Enamel bonding to repair and restore damaged teeth and correct minor cosmetic flaws
- Porcelain veneers or laminates that are applied to tooth surfaces to protect the teeth while improving their appearance
- Teeth whitening treatments that remove stubborn stains on the teeth and brighten your smile
- Orthodontic restorations to help keep your teeth straight
- Dental implants that replace missing teeth and restore balance and function to the bite while protecting against future bone loss
Other cosmetic treatments include such things as filling replacements for those who wish to replace their silver amalgam fillings with more natural-looking resin composite fillings. Composite fillings match the color of your natural tooth enamel. Cosmetic surgeries such as gum grafting and gum reshaping are also available to fill in areas where gums have begun to recede, improving the appearance of the gums.
Is cosmetic dentistry worth the investment?
When you consider the value of a bright, attractive smile and how that contributes to your self-esteem as well as to how other people perceive you, it becomes clear that cosmetic dentistry is an essential investment in your appearance and your self-confidence. Additionally, many cosmetic dental procedures also help to protect, strengthen, and/or improve the health and function of your teeth.
Your smile is the first impression people will receive when they first meet you. It is common knowledge that a healthy and attractive smile is a door-opener in both our personal and professional lives. Your smile and that precious first impression determine your ability to win the trust and acceptance of people in authority positions, as well as in your social life.
A healthy smile can improve an individual’s likelihood of achieving success in the following areas:
- Dating and personal relationships
- School and academic environments
- Work and the professional world
Many motivational speakers encourage their followers to invest in fixing or improving their smiles as an investment in their financial success.
Another benefit of having a healthy and beautiful smile is that it gives you the confidence to smile more often – and of course, the more you smile, the better you feel!